Monday, July 29, 2013

I realize it's been ages.

I've been up to my eyeballs in the summertime things that need to be done. Between plotting new ideas for a parenting the gifted chat, managing swimming lessons, returning from our trip to Statsia, and trying to re-find our homeschool groove, I've been a wreck.

Right now, we're looking at DreamBox for math. It seems engaging enough, though a real review will be coming as time goes.  I'm also working on a knitting project, and trying to keep my medication from taking over my life.

Interestingly, the big thing I've learned in the last three weeks is that our family is not in any way cut out for the Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 3:00 schooling gig.  We've been getting up for swimming lessons (which start at nine) the last two weeks, and I feel the worst I've felt in a long time. None of us get enough sleep, we're all cranky, crabby and obnoxious by the end of any given day, and really, it just isn't for us.

And so, I leave, as it's the end of a day and cranky has set in, but leave behind the idea that perhaps "The Real World" isn't the best place for some of us, and maybe that's not entirely a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment